I wanted to share a really simple way to draw any outline onto bread.
If you’ve ever tried to draw the outline of the United States (Pictionary flashbacks anyone?) you know that it’s really pretty tough.
Last night my son requested an “America” lunch for election day. And he really wanted a US outline. (He let me off the hook on the states.)
The wheels in my mind started turning, and I remembered this really easy technique.
It’s as simple as cutting and tracing.
1) Find he image you want to use and print it out. You can use regular paper, but I like to use card stock.
2) Carefully cut out your image. I cut slightly inside the line.
3) I like to work on flattened bread most of the time, it’s a lot easier. So flatten your bread and grab a food safe marker. I chose brown, I think it looks a lot better on wheat bread then a stark black.
4) Place your template on the bread and start to outline. Hold it in place with one hand so it doesn’t slip. Most of the time the moist bread helps to “hold” the paper.
5) Trace all the way around. Remove your template and touch up as needed.